Sunday, April 20, 2008

Narrowing in on Pixie

Since the animation will be drawn directly in Flash, I've been completing the final stages of character design in Flash. I picked my favorite, girliest hair styles. These are all supposed to be the same face, based on one of the early sketches I liked.

Right now I don't have a clear favorite. I could go for any one of these.

I also picked my favorite dress styles for Pixie and drew some new mannequins.
I'm finding it a challenge to dress her professionally, but make her look younger than Ruby. Also, these are too similar to Ruby's proportions. (You know I always wanted to make Ruby bigger. Now for contrast I have to whittle Pixie down to almost nothing. Maybe that's appropriate for her, though.)

Here's a quick go at a Ruby/Pixie comparison:

No comments: