Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Animation Tests Phase 3 and 4

Thought I'd update the blog on how the animation test has been going. I shortened the test so that I could spend more time on the process rather than the animation itself, but I do want to complete this scene because this will be useful to have as a sound design test and for other things.

This is the animation assisting stage done over the rough animation, still drawn directly in Flash.

Typically this would then go to a clean up artist, but in an attempt to turn a negative (no time or money - that's actually TWO negatives) into a positive, this still very rough animation will be the new "look" of the cartoon.

And here's all the elements put together in a comp:


I can live with this, but I think it can be better. Still working on some After Effects magic to tweak the look. For a larger version you can actually see, go here: http://www.niemannworks.com/rubyrocket/tests/comp.mov

3 comments:

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

Very nice Sam. You'll need to show me your pipeline sometime.

Ruby Rocket said...

Smile when you say that!

Ruby Rocket said...
This comment has been removed by the author.