Friday, February 22, 2008

Rick's Butt

This isn't necessarily what I had in mind when I said I was anxious to see more of Rick.

For me, Ruby Rocket is all about twisting the cliches. The cartoon embraces them, but also turns them upside down. The noir-ish idea I had first was a view of Ruby's (probably) naked silhouette over Rick's shoulder. That's the cliche. I even imagined her holding a gun. Pleasantly cheesey, I thought! But the thing to do was turn that around.

Now I'm disappointed I made the room behind Ruby look like it might be a bedroom. I think it would be better if Ruby was in the kitchen or something, like she had just let herself in while Rick was showering. I'm also wishing I'd put a gun in Rick's hand. I may or may not take the time to make those changes.

Let's talk soon about Ruby and Rick's relationship, and how sex fits into the cartoon.

No comments: