Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Animation Tests Phase 2

I kind of messed up my time sheet tally by reworking the animation on the scribble pass. I spent another 5 1/2 hours tweaking the timing and adding frames. The action in the earlier version was pretty jerky and fast in spots and hard to read, but my intention here was to compare different methods in terms of time vs results and now it's maybe not a fair comparison. Here's the second version of the scribble pass.



I also couldn't stop myself from trying to include some nuance like a little chuckle to herself when she realizes the cigarette is in her dress. Really a waste of time considering the purpose of this test. I doubt I'll be able to pull it off even, and I know I'm over-doing it. Like I said, I couldn't help myself.

Finally, I got busy on the "clean up" stage. Here's an experiment where I took the drawings to an assisted state that would normally then go to the clean up artist. But in this case, I'm thinking maybe it's our "look". I didn't get to finish, but it's worth posting this partial, considering our meeting tomorrow.



I'm encouraged by these results, but I'm anxious to see it taken to completion and see how good we can make it look. This "cleaned up" segment is 70 frames, about 2.3 seconds, and took me 4 hours.

No comments: